Friday, March 15, 2013

The Homeschool Plan has Landed

Okay I think I have figured out our homeschooling plan. I feel very confident that this is the right where we need to be.



It just doesn't sit right with me to bump her up to a second grade level. I feel like it would make it so much more complicated to get her back into a public school. I'm sure reading and Language Arts will always come easy for her. So instead we're going to coast through Language Arts this year. I'm going to work with her on telling time, counting money, adding/subtracting through manipulatives, and also work on knowing her tens/hundreds/etc places. We're going to work on identifying continents, oceans, and some countries. And we're going to play around with Spanish. Why not, right? We already play around with ASL and I can totally yell at them silently in public. It's awesome. For me. And it doesn't embarrass them. I'm horrible, I know.

In the fall I am going to reevaluate where we are. If I feel like she's good to go with first grade, then we'll jump in. If I feel like she's not ready, then we'll keep doing what we had been doing all summer and reevaluate in January. One "semester" at a time.

Hopefully it will feel natural and relaxed.

No comments: