Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Smaller Me?

I really make a point of not being too hard on my myself or my body... because when I don't I can be downright mean to myself.



While attempting to still be nice to myself, I decided to declare Learning to Count Calories as one of my New Years Resolutions.

This probably shouldn't be as foreign to me as it is. I had no idea if 90 calories (in an apple) was a lot or a little. I'm learning so much. I downloaded the app called "Lose it" to my phone. It's ridiculously easy to keep track of what you're eating. Scan barcodes, search a few databases, etc etc. We even went out to Chili's last night for a date and I had access to their menu from the app and just click what we ordered. We split nachos and an order of Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. I also ordered a glass of wine. It was  F A N T A S T I C. My portion was 1236 calories. That, my friends, is a lot of great tasting calories.

I don't want to become a fanatic about it--although during this learning process I certainly am.  I really had no idea how this all worked. After 2 and a half weeks of logging food, running, and making different choices, I dropped down to my first goal weight of 145. I didn't really know how hard it would be to lose 5 pounds so I picked my before having babies weight and post-having babies but still breast feeding weight. Somehow in the last year I've slowly crept back up to 150. I think my new goal is going to be my wedding weight of 135. According Web MD's fun website the "healthy" weight range for my height is 125-155. The higher end of the range is supposed to be for those with a lot of muscle mass... not me.

My tummy is definitely soft. I like it when it's wearing clothes, but it's harder to not slip into bad mental places when I think of someone accidentally catching a glimpse of it.

What? You're wondering how someone would accidentally catch a glimpse of my stomach?? Ha, you must not have young children. We were standing at the checkout line at the grocery store. Moo reached up, grabbed my shirt and flipped it up JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT. Children are of the devil sometimes. She lifted it so high that I'm pretty sure my bra showed. Oh well.

I took a picture of my tummy area but I don't have the guts to post it... yet. Maybe I'll post it as a before in a before & after series or something. Maybe. ha.

What this post was going to be about was how many "it's a special night" times there are in a week. Sunday we were at my Mom's house (the house of PLENTY of yummy special treats), Monday was date night, and tonight I'm going out with my girl friends. Since I can't just give myself three splurge days in a row... Sunday I just picked a couple treats (and had a ribeye steak...mmmm), yesterday I ran and went snowshoeing. Both days I was under my amount. Tonight I'm attempting to make a calorie plan for dinner out... but I'm not sure how exactly to do it. I will probably go over since I also don't have time to run. Oh well, but at least it's ONE special night instead of three in a row.

It's all so FASCINATING TO ME.



No comments: