Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Promise to be Interesting Soon, But For Now...

I'm feeling frozen on my project. I think it's one of the harder creative projects I've ever taken on. At times I feel like it's too hard for me, but at the same time it is so nice to be so mentally challenged. I am referring to my dressform sloper into a bodice block project. Basically that means my dressform that looks like this:



fitted with a fabric cover that matches my exact body measurements. The pattern for that cover is called my sloper. From it, I can adjust it, embellish it, etc to make pretty much anything... theoretically. I'd like to say it was easy, because then I'd think I was all kinds of awesome. It was hard. So hard that I've been trying to work up the courage to go the next step of adjusting the sloper to make something real. I'm going with a slightly fitted shirt that is long enough to go over a pair of leggings. So technically a short dress.

But here I sit. The kids went to bed at 7:30...Asher has been up and down since, but really I've been sitting and staring at this project. I've moved the darts and redrawn the bodice (the top). And then I've stared at it. 

I bet this would be a lot easier if I took a class to do it, or even went to some sort of sewing hour at one of those stores where they have someone knowledgable that walk around saying things like, "oh good job." or "why don't you try..." I think I just need a cheerleader sitting next to me. Oh and a glass of wine. 

YES! I need someone to come over and sit on the next couch over just drinking a glass of wine and chit chatting with me while I did one step at a time. 

I think I'm addicted to challenging myself. I think I've met my match this time. If I do this and the shirt is actually something wearable?!?! I'm going to ask for a high five from all of you.


No comments: