Monday, November 28, 2011

There I Am.

My baby is going to be 9 months old in just a few days. They say that it takes about 9 months to feel normal again after having a baby; whoever "they" are. He is officially done breastfeeding. I forced him to keep it up the last month and a half and after thinking about the advice my best friend's sister-in-law gave her (if he wants to stop, he gave up, not me) I have given in. He can use up a freezer supply of breastmilk for the next month and then we'll switch him to cow milk at 10 months. I miss it mostly in the mornings when it was really nice to pull him into our warm bed and snuggle with him. The rest of the time I'm fine with it. I'm back down to my pre-Aayla-pregnancy weight. We're getting out of the hard baby stuff with Asher and looking ahead to the toddlerish stages. I am beginning to have energy. Which is a huge deal because it's been a long freakin' time. I am actually starting to wish I hadn't given our treadmill away because it might be nice to start walking on it this winter. I have brought art back into my life with a little nudge from my sister. I have brought in a new challenge of guitar--which really translates into a challenge and a creative outlet--with a little nudge from my best friend. Ryan and I are in a good place again. I have no idea why it is, but...

I FEEL LIKE MYSELF AGAIN. I feel content with where God has me. I feel confident. I feel secure. I feel happy in my skin and in my life.

I like it.

No comments: