Thursday, October 20, 2011

Choosing Truth

Ryan is gone. My heart is heavy. My head is busy. The house is quiet. I can listen to God or I can busy myself with worry.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Oh Lord; my rock and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14.



Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!....The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true...if there is any excellence and anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Phil 4:4-8

Think rightly. Speak rightly. Don't freak out. God is near. Don't be anxious about the unknown. Pray. Be thankful while you pray. Ask God for what you want while you are being thankful. God will give you peace. That peace will guard your heart and your head. If its true and worthy of praise, that is what you are allowed to think about.

Listen for that small voice of guidance; speaking not in a storm but in the silence. Listen to the Holy Spirit speaking through friends and remembrances of scripture. The Lord is my steady ground. The Lord has redeemed me for His glory.

Breathe out. Let go of the worry and the anxiety. It is what it is, and I will abide in Christ.

No comments: