Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Proverbs

Sometimes it is hard to steal moments to get into really deep Bible Studies. I've been spending moments that I do have reading a chapter of proverbs corresponding with the day. Well, the month has restarted and so has proverbs. It is amazing how different things sink in each time.

But [sinners trying to entice you] lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush their own lives. So are the ways of everyone who gains by violence; it takes away the life of its possessors.--Proverbs 1:19.

No, I don't have friends asking me to go knock up the local liquor store, or slit the throats of the rich in order to rob them blind. I do have situations that present themselves as a choice; suggestions from the media, pressure to do this or that, examples from people I love, a ho-hum "it's no big deal" attitude toward compromising my beliefs. I feel a lot of pressure to not be content with where or what my life has become. Life is one big choice to do the right thing. I may not deal with the violence part, but I deal with the being enticed by sin part.

Sin will take away the life of its possessor.

Maybe physically. Maybe not. It may just be a quality of life thing. It will for sure rob you of the peace that comes from obedience to my Lord and Savior.

I can't imagine a life without peace.

I will choose to walk in obedience and wisdom. And joy. And peace. Yea, that too.

No comments: