Friday, May 27, 2011

It's a Party Goin' On 'Round Here

Sarcastic, sardonic, ironic.

So what am I? Humor is my motive--rarely, if ever (I'm sure it has been every once in a while when I'm really pissed off so I can't say never), to hurt. I generally don't focus it on people that I don't know, and therefore could be offended. It's usually banter-ish. It's expressing something mean when it's obvious that I mean the exact opposite... like telling my sisters I hate them which makes them smirk and realize that I just told them I love them, or telling them I'm sick of seeing them when they know that I just want to (beg them to) hang out.

I have never had that great of a vocabulary but I've been trying to learn because I think it's never too late to get not-stupid. I don't care how stupid it makes me look to admit this; I've never heard of the word sardonic before. Ever. I don't really get what it means. I don't really understand what ironic really means. I hear people saying, "Yea, ironically I just talked to her last night." but... I also hear people saying, "Irregardless, that is what happened." And I know that ain't a word. You can't trust nobody.

This? This is what is consuming my head on this fine Memorial Weekend Friday night as I sit here alone, drinking myself silly. I'm such a rockstar. Blame it on the kids with sugarplums dancing on their faces. My life got all kinds a crazy-crazy. Oh wait, Drinking what? Psh, cherry coke of course because I'm hopeless. Hopelessly addicted and apparently happy about it... until it's gone. Then I start thinking about how I really shouldn't be drinking pop because its so darn bad for me. Enough of that talk for at least another 18 ounces or so.

No comments: