- (check) Butter--I've figured it out and I was right! The butter I was making was WRONG. This round of butter is smelling just like the store butter (but I think I'm supposed to say a little nicer, because people that do homemade are supposed to be snobby). I could sit and eat a spoonful or two straight, that is how much better it is. Ryan is a genius for showing me a better way. (FOOD PROCESSOR instead of the stand mixer).
- (check) Buttermilk--1/4 c of buttermilk from making butter added to 4 cups of milk. Shake for a minute, and let it sit in a warm place for 24 hours.
- (check) Granola--double batch since we eat it like MAD. I've figured out (because I read it somewhere) if you squeeze it real tight it will clump up... and that makes the best snacking granola. Mmmmm
- (rising) Bread--first homemade bread since before Asher was born. I'm slowly getting back into the saddle since he is slowly creeping up onto 3 months.
- Reheating leftovers for dinner: Sausage and Spinach Pesto Pasta (from Emily's blog) and the Cottage Pie. (I love serving leftovers. I don't necessarily love eating them.)
- A batch of mini blueberry muffins for Alissa's shower Saturday. (requires 1c of buttermilk)
- 2 mornings of buttermilk pancakes. (requires 2c of buttermilk)
- Scones (requires 1c of buttermilk)
- Chicken marinade (requires 1c of buttermilk)
In other news, I cut a door and windows into the HUGE box our deck table came in and the girls are loving their new playhouse. Kids... so darn easy to please.