Thursday, August 5, 2010

To Give You A Future and a Hope

This quite possibly has been the hardest few weeks of my life; hands down harder than all four months of sickness we dealt with after Ameira was born. I really want to be left alone for a while and not have to find new ways to stretch and grow, but at the same time... God's grace is amazing. We are moving on stronger and in a better place spiritually. I'm excited to see what happens with our family going forward. Praise the Lord for he is good. Always. Ryan brought up the verse that we so often memorize;
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans that I have for you declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 
Great! But that doesn't mean we get to just sit there and say, God will take care of me. The very next verses say
Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.
Search. Actively search with ALL YOUR HEART. He still sent the Israelites into exile because of disobedience... and then he brought them out according to His plan.

No comments: