Monday, August 2, 2010

Right Heart

A right heart will produce right thoughts which will produce right actions. What if my heart isn't right? I know what is right and what I should be doing. I know how I don't want to be acting. Actions done without a right heart are worthless to God, but sometimes you still have to do the right actions. Having the wrong actions will hurt everyone around me.

So if I have the right actions, half-right-half-wrong thinking, and the wrong heart... will that get me by until my thoughts can fully realign themselves with God's word and my heart can get back to where its supposed to be?

I have forgiven. I have let go of the bitterness. However, there is still broken trust and there is still a sadness for the sin and for the consequences. Time, prayer, mercy and grace. The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7


2 comments:

rightbrainedamoeba said...

that was sooo the VBS verse for Aayla! :) hehe.

nancy said...

and I'm pretty sure the reason you guys picked that verse was because God knew I needed it. :) It's all about me, right?