Friday, May 14, 2010

I don't want to lose these...

I'm going to start posting the "what she says" on here too after I post them on facebook. I trust my blog a lot more than I trust facebook's history. So... let me collect them.


  • February 8, 2010:A good indicator that its nap time: Aayla sobbing, "Aayla wake up!! Aayla wake up!!! I'n not tired...." It was literally 45 seconds after hitting her pillow that she was out cold. I love nap time.February 8, 2010:Sang Acey the Three Bears song and I can hear her in her bed saying, "be do be do be do someone's been eating my porridge..." overwhelmed with love by these little moments.
  • February 14, 2010: Hung out with my Acey bear today at Mema's house. Aayla says, "Happy birthday-en-tines Day."
  • February 15, 2010: When I went to pick up Ace, my mom told me she had spiked a 103 fever. Mom said she told her to go lay on the couch and mom would make her "super cozy." Ace ran upstairs to get her stuffed animals... and her valentine card from Daddy. So sweet. Daddy makes it all better, even when he's not there.
  • February 16, 2010: my heart might pop from all the smiles from Cheeky Cheeks and funny declarations from Acey Bear.
  • February 19, 2010: Acey hitting the "I do it" stage as she has access to a baby sister is a recipe for hilarity. She *almost* threw a tempertantrum bc I wouldn't let her wipe Ameira's bottom and change her diaper. She *almost* threw a tempertantrum bc I wouldn't let her wock-wock (rock) Ameira to sleep at naptime. Ameira thinks its worth... laughing about. :) ♥ my girls.
  • February 19, 2010: "a-b-c-d-e-y-x-q-r-s-t-u-v-w next time won't you sing with Meira."
  • February 21, 2010: I can see her neck for the first time ever. That is how much weight Ameira has lost while being sick. Ain't so cheeky now.
  • February 22, 2010: At least she was honest. "Mama, I be naughty today." I asked her why and she said, "bah-cuz." And sure enough, after about 3 time outs she was sent to bed where she fell asleep in about 10 seconds.
  • February 22, 2010: Ryan has no bigger fan than Aayla. I'm a pretty close second, but you wouldn't catch me considering it HIGH ENTERTAINMENT to stare out the window watching him plow the driveway. Every manuever being met with a squeal of delight.
  • February 23, 2010: "Mama i hot. I need a band-aide." If only life were that simple and band-aides were really so magical they could heal everything.
  • .... Ugh. Going through reading these facebook status updates might make me cry again. I can feel what I was feeling dealing with all the sick this winter. PRAISE THE LORD WE ARE HEALTHY (enough)!!!
  • February 25, 2010: walked into the house after my haircut and acey said, "Mama get hair cut. Mama you are pretty!" I immediately looked at Ryan to see if it was prompted. Apparently it wasn't! He just told her I was gone getting my haircut. haha I love Aayla.
  • February 27, 2010: Its been long enough that I can't remember the last time I've changed Acey's poopy diaper... much less asked her to go. One better; Acey's love of "private seats" means she can STRIP down and go without supervision--just needs help with the wiping and the application of soap on her hands. Oh the things mothers are thankful for.
  • March 1, 2010: Just eavesdropped on a very small voice talking all alone in her dark bedroom... "Is this my elbow? no, its not hunny. Is THIS my elbow? uh, yep. I lub you." Decided not to remind her to go to bed.
  • March 7, 2010: [Driving from Vancouver, WA to Wenatchee, WA after Auntie Erin & Uncle Coby's wedding weekend.] On the road 7 hours, Ace told us the road is too big. Ry asked if she meant too long... she said, "roads are too long out here."
  • March 13, 2010: Acey just said, "Hey Rydawg." to her daddy...and that's why I love her.
  • March 14, 2010: go schwinging (swinging) at Mema's (Grandma's) wibbet (little bit) mo (more) peas (please)?
  • March 14, 2010:REALLY confused. Aayla is in bed (and has been since 8:15) crying FOR a spanking and I'm not sure why. I told her I wasn't going to and she just about went into hysterics. Ignoring her hasn't been working for the past 2 hours.
  • March 16, 2010: Was kind of nervous today listening to Aayla say, "I slapped baby Jesus! I slapped baby Jesus." On closer inspection she was saying "I SNAPPED baby Jesus." Into the baby carseat. Whew... that was close.
  • March 18, 2010: Acey has her "slipperies" on...
  • March 21, 2010: Ace just said she had crackers, orange peels, and chocolate for dinner at Grandma's house. Somehow i don't believe her.
  • March 24, 2010:Just broke Acey's heart. After watching Winnie the Pooh where Pooh & Piglet get a hero party, Acey asked to go outside and play "hip-hip-ah-roo." I said yes but realized once we were outside that she saw her comforter hanging out on the line and wanted to get thrown in the air (trampoline like... just like Pooh). I told her we couldn't because Ameira couldn't hold up the ... See Moreother side and she'd fall and get hurt. She took it like a champ though... shedding HUGE tears saying, "it's ok, mommy. Maybe later with Daddy?" I'm such a jerk. Auntie Erin says: "Awwwwww what a sweet little girl." Grandma Enlow says: "So did Daddy do his part? :)" Mama says, "I explained it all to him before she woke from her nap and he was happy to oblige. He also figured out how to make it happen. I think we've discovered a new favorite game. Ohhh the things that are *everything* when you're little."
  • March 24, 2010: just heard a tiny voice say, "oh daddy, you look so pretty." ♥ melting.... Daddy says, "it was after she hung a pink necklace around my neck."
  • March 24, 2010: Acey and Daddy are playing guitar and singing together. Too bad they are singing different songs than each other. Too bad Acey is singing a different song than she is "playing."
  • March 26, 2010: Ameira got her reverse workin. Let the obsessive floor cleaning phase begin.
  • March 27, 2010: Taking pictures at my mom's today and about 20 minutes into it I realized that Ameira was sitting (and had been) without her hands for the first time ever. oops. Don't tell her when she's older.
  • March 29, 2010: Yesterday we went to a friends house... and I seriously forgot to put a shirt on Aayla. She had her coat on at least. haha I'm AWESOME.--At least it was just VandenToorn's to hang out with Avery, Isaiah & Rachel... could have been worse.
  • March 30, 2010: Hanging out with Daddy & Meirs @ Woolstons, Alissa says, "She is so funny! Yesterday when she couldn't get my slider open she said, "Doesn't work." And then in a matter of fact way, she added, 'Needs batteries.' Haha:)"
  • March 31, 2010: "Morning, Beers." Apparently Ace has given Ameira (who we call Meirs) a new nickname.
  • March 31, 2010: One of my favorite moments today: I told Acey to get her shoes on because we were going SHOPPIN. She came back from her room with a pair of black sunday shoes saying, "Wear these cutie pie shoes? They are so CUTE."
  • April 1, 2010: Subjects of today's temper tantrums: 1."I want MY name be A-meeeee-rah." 2. "I don't Liiiiiiiiiike insta-mints (instrauments)." 3. Please don't use a permanent marker on my wood floor. 4. "I neeeed a fer-mom-ma-der (thermometer)."
  • April 1, 2010: Ameira just might have her "forward" working now. Its not pretty, but it can get her across a room. Look out world, Littler Enlow is on the move.
  • April 3, 2010:Circle Breakfast (malt-o-meal...her choice... YUCK), Easter egg hunt, daddy putting up the swing set, making cupcakes, stopping in to see Maddie (the dog my mom is dog-sitting) ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL! Hope you have a blast.
  • April 5, 2010: Aayla's giving away free makeovers! "Beer-sy likes makes up. She said please." Hmmm... Ameira, all I have to say is you look GREAT in eyeliner. "My days might be very, very redundant but I am very thankful that I stay home to chase my girls. This morning Ameira was wearing makeup and Aayla was hiding. hmmm..."
  • April 5, 2010: Just walked into the kitchen to see Aayla holding the Easter Eggs (that we didn't hard boil so that we could use them for things OTHER than salads) saying, "I made that stripe... oops." Now there is a yellow puddle of egg yolk on the floor and she's saying, "Sorry bout that guys. I keeen it up. Doncha worry." I'm going... to see what she does next. (Aayla never saw me and I watched her grab a towel out of the drawer and actually clean it up!)
  • April 5, 2010: Aayla, I'm sorry that you don't have nail polish on, but go to sleep. Ameira, I'm sorry that you can't help but crawl when you really just want to be sleeping. Lets have it, little ladies. Scream at the top of your lungs, both of you. I can take it. I'll give you ten minutes. (in my room, with the door shut and ear plugs in.)
  • April 7, 2010: "bumba bee from farm get in my mouth." (Aayla sitting all by herself at the dinner table eating her food...)
  • April 8, 2010:Forgot how frustrated babies get when they learn (are learning) something new... Fast Forward. (Ameira learning to crawl)
  • April 9, 2010:Thank you, Aayla, for spraying perfume on my toothbrush. It sure does smell real good now.April 12, 2010:Ameira just looked at Ryan and said, "hi dada." We'll pretend she meant it.
  • April 12, 2010: "Daddy crr (Claire) En-whoa (Enlow), I lub (love) you." -Aayla
  • April 13, 2010: Ameira will now have two sets of matching teeth marks in her forehead. Aayla must like symmetry. Sorry Cheeks.
  • April 13, 2010: Uh oh. busted. We were driving. "mama say, 'come on, buddy.'" better work a little harder on censoring my road rage.
  • April 14, 2010: "AH! Lets Go! Lets go Doctor's House!!!" --Aayla on going to her 2year checkup.
  • April 14, 2010: happy to see a tooth popped through Ameira's little gums last night... Nice to know we aren't crazy and that she wasn't a pill for no reason. (Ameira's first tooth)
  • April 17, 2010: Acey thinks if she gets really close to my face and whispers, "lets make some cookies" it means her wish will be granted... I think that's what it means too.
  • April 19, 2010: Apparently I play the "cando" really well. Acey had me play (the piano) while she played Daddy's guitar and sang REALLY LOUD. She made sure to pat me on the head and say, "you did well." ♥ ♥ melting all over the place.
  • April 21, 2010: "Wow, Acey, look at Mrs. Judy's beautiful tulips!" .... Pause. "Where's Mrs. Judy's face??"
  • April 21, 2010: (making raised beds for asparagus) In response to Acey's question about where Daddy was going. "Daddy is going to return the rototiller and the trailer." In confirmation, "Daddy is going to return the caterpillar and the tree whore." Awesome. Just Awesome.
  • April 22, 2010:We still sing Christmas songs in these here parts. We also say happy birthday to each other at least once each day. Its just easier to go with the flow than correct and explain. So what if she thinks every day is a holiday? You're only little once.
  • April 28, 2010:Aayla just looked at the (child-proofed) locked pantry door and told me that I had locked her in there until she cried. hmmm someone must be developing some story-telling skills. Getting a little nervous about what she's going to announce when I'm not around...
  • April 28, 2010: (Driving home from seeing Daddy at the station) Acey told me she was going to drive the truck. I asked if she was going to be a policeman and a fireman... "JUST a fireman. NOT a policeman." haha Okay! Well, then. Sooo serious.
  • May 4, 2010: Almost to the point of a crying fit, Acey says, "MAMA!! Where's my attitude?? I can't find it!"
  • May 10, 2010: Acey likes that hippie long stocking girl. ;) [Pippie Longstocking]
  • May 10, 2010: It makes me laugh every time Aayla announces, "hold on, Meirsies, Mama's a CRAZY driver."
  • May 11, 2010: Acey was just yelling at her book to "GET OFF" [of her]. I looked at her with raised eyebrows and she said in way of explanation, "I'm cranky." It was one of those moments when you have to look away in order to not laugh and encourage the behavior.
  • May 13, 2010: Apparently Acey thinks root beer is actually called "Beer Pop."
  • May 14, 2010: Sometimes the hilarity of Aayla's garbled declarations and stories gets lost on me because it happens so often. However, calling her training pants (that she wears to bed) her "Tranny Pannies" made me laugh so hard I was unable to continue as normal. I mean, I can see HOW she got there, but seriously, if she only knew.

Ugh. I have to stop or I'm going to start sobbing. January & February need to be ripped out of this past year in the Enlow household and burned. More later.

No comments: