Thursday, April 1, 2010

At the very low cost of... YOUR FIRST BORNE.

Girls night is once a month. At girls night I always learn new little things that make me so excited. Its inadvertently, of course. Its not like we sit around and each give a presentation, its more like someone mentions something as part of a story and off we all go.

Rose brought up how she's trying to find someone to go in with her on a half share in a CSA (community supported agriculture) things. You get fresh vegetables for 20 weeks beginning in June and ending in October. I can't even think critically about it because I've been wanting to be a part of something like this for a while now. I love having fresh vegetables. I've wanted to stretch my palate with all the "weird" (that really aren't weird at all, I've just never had them) vegetables... like kale. She gave me the website and I figured out that it comes down to $27 a week. Psh. Thats totally in our budget. (!!! How often does that happen??) I can pick it up in Grand Rapids or the Holland Farmer's market which I'd been wanting to see anyway.

Oh boy. I guess we'll wing it this year and hope its everything I've ever imagined... and that Ry is on board. He starts sweating when he sees big numbers like FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS (as he probably should) but I've learned its all in the presentation. $27 bucks a week baby... paid up front. (wink, wink) I'm pretty sure it'll go over just fine.

No comments: