Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Awww, whatsa matta honey?" says the 22 Month Old.

Decided I need to just get up and do it. I put the podcasts for the Couch to 5K running program on the Ipod and started on Tuesday. Tonight was the second "run." I don't care that I only ran a fraction of the work-out. I'm still sick but I did it. Exercising always makes me drink more water throughout the day and make better little choices about food throughout the day. I feel good. I'm sure it will be even more satisfying when I'm back to 100% and doing it. I'm so happy we have a treadmill. I wouldn't be able to do it without one.

This morning Ace woke at 6:30... for the day. I started to get up with her and then decided it was ridiculous. There was no chance of her going back down though. I sized her up, got down on her level and just told it like it was, "Acey Bear, Mama is too tired and doesn't feel good. I'm going back to bed."
"Aww, whatsa matta honey?" (yes, that was my twenty-two month old)
"Mama is tired and my head hurts and my throat hurts. I'm going back to bed."
"Okay, Mama. Feel better. Have a fun sleep. Aayla's awake."

Awesome.

I pointed her in the direction of the playroom and told her she could play all she wanted in the fun playroom. I told her to keep the door shut so I knew when she came out. She said, "Alright. Bye-bye." That was freaky just in that she wanted to play in the playroom. Normally she acts like its a worse punishment than a spanking.

Ameira woke me at 9:30 to eat. I freaked out when I saw the clock. Aayla was playing, nicely, in the playroom. Exactly as I'd left her. She had come out. Once. She went into the bathroom, took her diaper off, threw it in the trash, and went potty. She pulled her pants back on herself (sometimes a challenge) AND washed her hands. (evidenced by the yellow liquid soap splashed on the sink.) ::melting:: I love my little girl. She's not even two yet and was responsible today. I will not make a habit of doing that, but she doesn't really get into danger when I'm up so I took the chance. Mostly because Ace had slept in "orange bed" (she means "your" bed) and kept me up until 4am the night before. I don't know HOW she was up so early. ::sigh:: I have the best kid ever.

No comments: