Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I have found myself in a very, very rare moment; all three of my loves are asleep. It dawned on my last night that the new bedtime battle must not be won at night but rather at naptime. She has been pushing back her naptime over the last two weeks from 12:30 to roughly 3. I wasn't fighting with her because I didn't have the energy. Nighttime has gotten ridiculous and I realized...she'd only been awake for 3 hours. So, I will fight with her however hard I need to in order to keep her napping around 12:30 or 1. However, she's not going to nap around 12:30 or 1 if she isn't getting up until 10. So really, the fight begins with myself in the morning. I need to get out of bed and get her up by 8:30 in order to have a pleasant day. Today I started the transition back. She was up at 9 and napping by 1:30. I have a feeling there will be a whole lot less whining going on.

Ameira had her doctor appointment today. I love our pediatrician. She isn't an alarmist but she isn't super laid back either. We were given a prescription for Zantec as treatment for Acid Reflux. She also told me not to go to the lengths of cutting out certain foods just yet. She said she doesn't like incriminating breast feeding mothers because sometimes... its just the kid. I wanted to kiss her for not making me feel responsible for all the pain my kid is going through, for making me feel like she was on my team. I wanted to but didn't since... holy crap, weird. So in 5-7 days there should be an improvement. I'm fully expecting one.

Bad storms are headed our way. I always hate the first snow. All the leaves are off the trees and its just plain ugly outside. Then, here comes this pretty little snow... that melts and leaves it all sloppy, messy, and even more ugly. I love the first snow that STAYS. Our first snow this year was roughly 8" deep and was here the next morning... and every morning since. Tonight we get a blizzard. :) I'm fully planning on being at my mother's house and declaring myself stuck. My sister and her baby will be doing the same. It should be more entertaining than sitting around these here parts going nuts with a cranky baby and bored toddler.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I can't wait to read these when I have children someday - you better not delete your blog in the next few years! hehe I'm sure it's SO nice to have a place where you can be real - say things you feel but don't really mean...just to get it out and say it "somewhere." Being mommy is hard work!

I hope the acid reflux meds work - both McKenna and Fordy were put on them and there was definite improvement!!