Saturday, July 4, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure I've Seen The Fireworks Twice in Six Years.

I have to be honest with you, this days sucks despite it formally being known as NANCY'S FAVORITE HOLIDAY BESIDES HER BIRTHDAY. Happy Fourth everyone. Aayla awoke at 8 am this morning, a whole hour earlier than normal (I shouldn't complain right? but a routine is a routine and I wasn't expecting it since I of course didn't make it to bed until about 1:30). She ate some breakfast and then was so darn weepy I just put her back to bed. Cranky babies go to sleep. She slept 3 1/2 hours. Yikes. Routine will be off the entire day but thats okay, we're not doing anything anyway. She has already pooped in her training pants twice. Yay.

Ryan says I'm not allowed to drive the car until it's fixed. He is taking the truck to work tonight. I'm tempted to ask him to let us go with him to work tonight so we can watch the fireworks and drive the truck home... while he rides his bike home in the morning. However tempting that might be, I'm fully aware of how selfish it is also. And that makes me want to cry. Having to deal with everyone all night long with the usual festival (drunk) crowds means fights, brawls, exhausting contact with the public, lots of walking, etc. All of which add up to him most likely not wanting to ride the 20 miles home at 6 am. But sitting here all day with a toddler that is bored out of HER mind while I'm bored out of MY mind and knowing that there is a lot going on outside these walls makes me feel a little cabin feverish.

We need to get out. I'm just not sure where to go in this town that will keep us both from being bored. Our 4th visit to the park since Monday just might kill me.

Looks like it will be projects at home while trying to make sure Aayla doesn't destroy her self or the house. Maybe I can put up the swing set today even though Ryan told me not to. That might be fun and quite possibly fulfill my need for adventure.

No comments: