Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lots of Topic Hopping Up In Here.

New Rule: Only on computer while Aayla is napping.

And I've given myself permission to not work while she is sleeping too. :) Yay. She is sleeping a lot less so its not like I'm not allowing myself 20 something hours by that rule either. She has decided to start getting up like a normal-ish baby in the mornings around 8:30. Thats a rough new development when I'm used to her getting up around 10-10:30. (I know, I know, I can't believe she slept that long either.) It has its good points. I get my lazy butt out of bed a little earlier and get to bed at night a little earlier too. Last night I actually went to bed at 11:30. She gets up around 8:30 and then can stay up a WHOLE lot longer than she has in the past. I was so used to her other schedule that I'd try and put her down for a nap 2 hours after she got up. That HAD worked just fine and I was forgetting to pay attention to what she was actually needing. So there was about two weeks there when she would cry and cry at naptime. One day Ry just looked at me and said, "Do you think she is actually NEEDING a nap right now?" uhh, actually... probably not. So now she is up at 8:30-ish and napping around noon. I think its so strange that when you keep her up longer her naps lengthen. She sleeps about 2.5 hours instead of 2. There is a 45 min nap again somewhere around 5-ish, after dinner. Sometimes I wonder if she needs it. The good news is that when we put her down at night, she no longer fusses. Because she is actually tired. Imagine that. Sometimes I think things should be obvious. Should be.

Today I've accomplished so much! I've finally cleaned our bedroom! I can't wait for Ry to come home from training and see it. he's going to be SHOCKED. :) haha It wasn't THAT bad, but it was bad. I'll leave it at that. The entire house is picked up AND I've done a couple loads of laundry. I'm rather proud of myself. Now to tackle the projects again. Eh. Maybe.

I found myself looking out the window today (since its one of Aayla's favorite things to do) and happened to look down and see my daffodils. I feel like I'm waiting for christmas. We might get a couple to bloom this year. There is a big blob at the end of some of the foliage and I'm almost beside myself with excitement just HOPING that it blooms today... or tomorrow.

Still don't have my veneer fixed. I called them back yesterday only to find out that their plan isn't going to work and I'm going to have to come in Thursday morning to get the broken veneer taken off, new impressions made, and a new temporary put back on. I had a feeling that would happen, but nobody likes to hear "I told you so." I am not miffed that it won't work but I'm slightly miffed that they told me three times, "its not in yet, we'll call you." I guess I'm a little curious at what point they knew it wouldn't work and when they were planning on calling me. In the long run, its really not that much of an inconvienence, so no big deal. So what, its taken longer? Its not the end of the world.

Next week is Florida. Yay. That snuck up on me rather quickly. I need to call grandpa tonight and get all the details figured out.

AND... speaking of needing to make a call. I left my phone on the roof of my parents car on Sunday when I rode with them to church. Guess what doesn't work anymore? Spent $100 to get a new one ordered. Yay for irresponsibility.

Aayla has not just one but TWO molars coming in now. I thought that the one was through... then realized it was only half through... and then realized that just one tiny tip was through because HOLY CRAP THAT SUCKER IS HUGE. She has been getting up every couple hours for the last week or so. A couple nights ago it dawned on me to give her tylenol because the pain of her teeth is probably keeping her up. DUH. She slept through most of the night and only got up once. Each night has been better. Again, some things should be obvious. Live and learn.

No comments: