Thursday, March 5, 2009

Vacation

Part of the 'Nancy-flips-out-at-Ryan-before-she-knows-she-is-pregnant' incident was a resolution to have a monthly date night. We aren't big on going out all fancy, so it will probably be something super cheap where we can still wear jeans and shirts that may or may not have little stains on them. I said may or may not so you can't judge me. We planned one for Tuesday but then it was Basketball Night with the cops. I felt like going to bed at 5pm anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. Rescheduled for Friday... and WE HAVE A BABYSITTER. Bree & Jeff are going to take her from 4 until they go to bed. Ahhh yes. Childless for a few hours... and forced together time. What more could a girl ask for?

I also locked in our tickets and hotel stay for Florida in April. Actually we'd already cleared next week with Grandpa & Grandma Nell to head down to see them next week, but it just didn't work out. I think I was subconsciously trying to sabotage it because I thought it was going to be super expensive and a whole ton of work to get down there. I got tickets for 120 a piece but the jury is still out on how much work it will be. Just imagining all the stuff that Dad & Mom E had for us in WA over Christmas makes my head swim bc we'll have to provide our own. Yikes. I just need to keep reminding myself that it will be awesome to see them again, awesome to see where they live, awesome to be wearing shorts (even though it will be warming up in MI anyway), awesome to see alligators FROM A DISTANCE, awesome to hopefully relax. I think it was hard to relax in WA (despite all the pampering... and there was TONS) because we were all sick... so cross your fingers we stay healthy.

No comments: