Monday, January 26, 2009

Who Knew?

FOREST AREAS & FOREST CAMPGROUNDS STATE LAND RULES (IC4001 (Rev. 04/10/2006))

GENERAL RULES R 299.922 (h) To destroy, damage, or remove trees, shrubs, wildflowers, grasses, or other vegetation.

PENALTY MCL 324.504 A person who violates a rule or an order...is responsible for a state civil infraction and may be ordered to pay a civil fine of not more than $500.00.

So, my question is... is this $500 per tree, shrub, wildflower, or grass that is destroyed, damaged or removed?

Update: 3/10/09--I had called and after grilling me about if I needed to report someone and me INSISTING that I just wanted a clarification because I wanted to follow the rules, the lady told me that it IS up to $500 per tree/shrub/wildflower/etc. AND not only that, it applies even to downed trees. You can't touch them. I told the guys and Jeff called them to ask about it. Because if you took them literally, you wouldn't even be able to have a campfire--so why are there fire pits? So, evidently I talked to ULTRA RANGER. They said its totally fine to collect or even chop firewood from already downed trees.

No comments: