Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kids are gross and I spend money on myself. Surprise?

  • Aayla's new trick of the day: Finding the stash of dirty diapers SOMEONE left on the floor... playing with them and the brown things inside.
  • Lesson of the day: Put the dirty diapers where they belong. eh hem.

We're recouping from the sickness that has plagued our household. I'm still not sure if Aayla ended up getting it or not. Shes had a little bit of a runny nose, but that could be due to the two large teeth that have finally popped through. Ry got off easy with a short few days but--woe is me--I'm feeling better for the first time since last Friday. I have to admit though that it has felt like a vacation all week because Ryan took a sick day on Monday to take care of Aayla... and then had to take one on Tuesday bc he caught it too. So we've had 4 nights together in a row which is very, very rare.

Alissa and I went shopping RIDICULOUSLY early on black friday. We left my mom's at 4:15 and were standing in line at Kohls by 4:45. We walked in and went straight to the lines. One of us stood in line while the other shopped. Surprisingly Alissa wishes we had more time. I was getting anxious by the time I was the 2nd person standing in line because she was still shopping. I made off with a few amazing deals for items that I was completely intending to buy... and a few other deals on items I was not (slippers for myself, 2 pair of dress shoes... for myself...). I ALSO got a free $30 for spending so much. Since I'm the one shopping I didn't feel bad at all for spending the entire $30 on myself either. One more shirt for my new wardrobe. I also got a necklace and earrings which I will be wearing to church on Sunday.

And Aayla is up from her marathon nap. She took a 3 hour nap this morning and has just woken up from a 2 1/2 hour nap. Maybe she is sick. Either way shes probably starving.

No comments: